Byre Cottage (sleeps 4)
Oak beams and exposed beamed with a lovely feature stone fireplace.
Bramble Cottage (sleeps 4)
Warm and inviting, oak beamed ceilings and stone fireplace.
Things to do - Sheepdog Experience
The sheepdog handling courses/activities are designed for the absolute beginner or novice... one-to-one or group tuition.
They have a team of working sheepdogs trained to work to a high standard with members of the public. On your experience you will handle a dog with sheep (under instruction) around a small course to test your new skills at the end of your session .
The beauty of working sheepdogs is that it requires minimum physical effort but offers a real challenge to both dog and handler. The dogs operate on a variety of commands which you will learn. The most fun is when you put your new skills into practice, however, as sheep can be a fickle animal at the best of times they don't always do as instructed and this may be your greatest enjoyment!
Alan and Chris on Telephone: 01229 716235
What is involved?
As part of your sheepdog experience you could learn:
- A variety of verbal sheepdog commands.
- How to put sheepdog commands into working practice.
- Some aspects of a busy Lake District sheep farm.
What they offer:
- A comprehensive 1 hour experience where you could learn about sheepdog handling ...max- 3 people ....
- A 2 hour experience which encompasses more aspects of sheepdog handling together with an insight into the training of our younger dogs this includes cream tea with home made cream scones or ...xmas mince pies!
- Group bookings... maximum 3 per hour
- Sheepdog experience is Monday - Friday only
- Don't forget to bring suitable waterproofs and warm clothing - it never rains but just in case!
- Remember to bring stout waterproof foot wear none slip, or wellington's.
- Please think carefully before booking if you have a fear/allergy of dogs and/or sheep/farm animals.