Byre Cottage (sleeps 4)
Oak beams and exposed beamed with a lovely feature stone fireplace.
Bramble Cottage (sleeps 4)
Warm and inviting, oak beamed ceilings and stone fireplace.
Things to do - Fishing
Permits cost £5 and are available at the Newfield Inn, Seathwaite and at Ulpha Post Office.
(your £5 is donated to Duddon and Furness Mountain Rescue Team)
The fishing rights are held by Millom Angling Association a day pass can be obtained locally that enables you to fish on two still waters, Devoke water and a nearby reservoir as well as seven sections of nearby river.
Tickets can be purchased on a daily or weekly basis which covers all the waters costing £15 per day £75 Per week. The Day permit is £15.00 for adults and £3.00 for Juniors.
As well as Devoke Water, the Millom & District Angling Association Day Permit also covers a number of river fisheries. Generally, these are smallish, spate rivers where the fishing, mainly for salmon and sea trout, will very much depend upon river conditions. With that in mind, anglers also intending to fish these waters, are advised to purchase their permits locally where additional information, directions and access details should also be available as follows:
- Haverigg Post Office;
- The Post Office, Waberthwaite;
- Millom Tourist Office;
- Rods n Sods, Ulverston;
- Brockwood Hall, Whicham Valley;
- The Tourist Office, Broughton-in-Furness
- The Bridge Garage, Holmrook.
River Duddon, 366 yards of north bank below Duddon Bridge on the A595,salmon and sea trout when conditions permit.
River Duddon, Hall Dunnerdale, Ulpha, salmon and sea trout and occasional brown trout.
- River Lickle, near Duddon Bridge -salmon and sea trout.
- River Irt, Carleton Marsh, Holmrook - salmon, sea trout and occasional brown trout.
- River Irt, Drigg Holmes, Holmrook - salmon, sea trout and occasional brown trout.
- River Annas, Bootle - salmon and sea trout.
- River Esk, Birker Moor -salmon and sea trout.
- Black Beck, The Green, Millom - salmon and sea trout.
- River Lazy, Haverigg, Millom - salmon and sea trout.
- Presently Baystone Bank Reservoir - fly fishing for rainbow trout.